To support schools in their re-opening plans, during the week of September 8 – 11, students will commence the school year on a staggered start (except for the DRCSS and Goose Lake High School, which are commencing with a blended approach).
For MacKenzie Middle School, the staggered start will be by grade:
- Grade 6 on Tuesday, September 8
- Grades 6 & 7 on Wednesday, September 9
- All students attending on Thursday, September 10
For remaining schools:
- Students with surnames beginning with A-M will attend Tuesday, September 8 and Thursday, September 10
- Students with surnames beginning with N-Z will attend Wednesday, September 9 and Friday, September 11
We will notify the day program childcare centres that operate in our buildings of this arrangement.
We ask parents to assist us in this staggered start so that teachers can work in a more focused manner with smaller groups over the first few days of school on COVID-19 education and school protocols. Considering the timeframe of this announcement, if this plan creates significant difficulty for your family, please contact your school principal and arrangements will be made to assist you.
Please contact the Superintendent’s Department at 204-638-3001 or [email protected] if you have any questions.